Sunday, December 13, 2009

]{ Just Words }[

Poetry has always been a topic that has disgusted me.

This is probably due to the fact that public schools have insisted that it should be included in standard Freshman high school English courses. which, of course, means the entire unit over poetry is more of a poorly executed joke. Probably because poetry crosses the realm of English language arts and even dabbles in... Art. Another nasty subject due to post modern views.

I find poetry enjoyable when I write it because I can write however I please.
I can follow rules, or break them.
I can write in free verse, or prose, or a haiku, or however I please.
I form my own world in words.

Reading poetry is also something I enjoy.

Ranging from dry and boring to savory or stimulating. Just words I am free to take in. I can try to find a meaning, or bask in the complete pointless and meaninglessness of it all. To intake a point of view or concept in a way I have never before thought of.

No comments:

Post a Comment